Important Graduation Cap and Gown Payment Dates
- Total cost to graduates: $60 x 7% tax = $64.20 + $10 handling = Total of $74.20
- Thursday, December 9th: Last day to order via Herff-Jones website with no late fee.
- Friday, December 10th: $5.00 late fee will be added to orders. *No school
- Cap and gown measurements: herff.ly/North22 or Click HERE
- Their website is www.highschool.herffjones.com
YEARBOOK SENIOR PHOTOS ARE DUE MONDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2021
Senior Photo Requirements:
- Vertical Headshot – up and down photo only, head and shoulder pose
- High Resolution (at least 300 DPI)
- No Props, hats, sunglasses, etc
Two ways to submit your photos:
- Send photo as a high-resolution (300 DPI) attachment to email@example.com. The subject line should be: SENIOR PHOTO: STUDENT FIRST and LAST NAME
- Include your SENIOR QUOTE in the same email – what is a quote you live by or want to leave as your last words at North? Include the quote and also the author, if there is one.
- Bring in a hard copy in an envelope clearly labeled with the student’s first and last name to Dryden’s room 2171 Purple
Reserve your Yearbook:
- $50 each
- www.yearbook.ordercenter.com, use code 2969
- Order in-person with cash or check – give payment to Cassie the bookkeeper in main office or Ms. Dryden in 2171 Purple
- Orders due by Friday, April 1, 2022
Prom and Post-Prom
- Prom: will be held on Saturday, April 30th from 8:00 – 11:00 PM at Forte, located at 615 3rd Street, downtown. Tickets will be $25. Theme: TBD
- Junior/Senior prom as of now *COVID may change our plans…
- Guests must be 14-20 years old and have permission to attend. Guest forms will be in the main office.
- Post-Prom: will be held on April 30/May 1 beginning at 12:00 midnight and ending at 3:00 AM. Location will be GameDay Sports at Merle Hay Mall.
Senior Planning Meeting
- Schedule a time in September to meet with your school counselor regarding your Senior year and beyond. Please use the links below to set up your appointment with us based on your last name!
- A-D – Williams – https://bit.ly/NHSC_A-D
- E-K – Griggs – https://bit.ly/NHSC_E-K
- L-Q – Negrete – https://bit.ly/NHSC_L-Q
- R-Z – Howard – https://bit.ly/NHSC_R-Z
- Check the North Seniors Teams Channel for more info on scholarships and be sure to turn on notifications for the channel. New scholarship info will be posted there and sent to your school email.
- Utilize the district scholarship spreadsheet
- There are many, many scholarships available for students pursuing post-secondary education! You can best position yourself for these by taking challenging courses, maintaining strong grades, keeping up your attendance/participation in class, and being active in co- and extra-curricular activities such as theatre, clubs, athletics, volunteering, and so on.
- Look for scholarship opportunities at the schools you are applying to. Many of them have December 1 deadlines.
- If you are planning to go to college or into the trades, you will want to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA. This is a very important step in your financial aid process! The FAFSA application opens October 1st! There are many ways to get help with FAFSA, so please watch Teams and email for more information.
- The Polar Bear Scholarship Fund is an arm of the North High Alumni Foundation. Every year they provide over $100,000 in scholarships to graduating seniors pursuing college. Last year, 49 seniors shared $126,000! You will need a minimum 2.5 GPA, a resume, and an essay. Applications will open in early 2022. Watch Teams and your school email for details. Contact Ms. Isaacson with any questions.
- North High has many community supporters who fund scholarships, many of them named for alumni, for seniors pursuing college and trade/apprenticeship programs. Applications for these scholarships open in late winter/early spring of 2022. Watch Teams and your school email for more information. Contact Ms. Isaacson or Mr. Griggs with any questions.
- Go to https://fs8.formsite.com/DMPSchools/form644/index.html for Transcript requests. This link can be found on the North High School Website https://north.dmschools.org/ front page as well
- SENIORS’ LAST DAY: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- MANDATORY Graduation Rehearsal is Thursday, May 26 from 8-12 in North’s auditorium.
- CLASS DAY: Friday, May 27, 2022, at 9-10:30am.
- This ceremony is mandatory to walk in the graduation ceremony.
- *Seniors report by 8 AM.
- COMMENCEMENT: The Graduation Commencement ceremony will be at the Knapp Center on Sunday, May 29.
- Time: 1pm – Seniors report to the Bell Center at 12pm.
Senior Signing Day
- Friday, May 6, 2022
- North High School Auditorium * 2:15 – 3:25 PM
- Families are welcome to attend
- Rehearsal Wednesday, May 4, 2022, during PBTime.
Senior Class Meetings *during PBT
- Thursday, September 2, 2021: Welcome back Polar Bear seniors!
- Wednesday, September 8, 2021: Herff Jones – Cap and Gown Information
- Thursday, November 4, 2021 – FAFSA, Scholarships, Workforce, C&G reminder
- Thursday, January 6, 2022 – FAFSA, Scholarships, Workforce, C&G reminder
- Thursday, March 24, 2022 – PB Scholarship, Scholarships
- Thursday, April 28, 2022: Senior Signing Day Information / Prom & Post-prom details
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 – Senior Signing Day Rehearsal
- Final Senior Meeting, Monday, May 23, 2022
- Graduation: Fees & Names for Diplomas, Class Day & Commencement Rehearsal Information
Any questions? Please email Jessie.Masteller@dmschools.org